Privacy Statement for CEJ GEOTECH Limited and www.surveyspares.com
CEJ GEOTECH Ltd (“CEJ GEOTECH”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the SurveySpares site, speak to a member of our customer services, or otherwise interact with CEJ GEOTECH.
What personal information does CEJ GEOTECH and www.surveyspares.com collect?
CEJ GEOTECH collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
• Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
• Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us or contract for one of our solutions or services.
• Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
• If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
• We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does CEJ GEOTECH use my personal information?
Depending on how you use surveyspares.com, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
• To maintain your online account with us.
• To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
• To personalise surveyspares.com to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
• To improve and maintain surveyspares.com, and monitor its usage.
• For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
• To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
• For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
• Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
• Because it is in the legitimate interests of CEJ GEOTECH and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
• Because it is in CEJ GEOTECH’ legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of surveyspares.com, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does CEJ GEOTECH share my personal information?
CEJ GEOTECH needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
• Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
• Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request. When you purchase any television equipment, your details will be passed on to the TV Licensing Authority in accordance with the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967.
• Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
• Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
• Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement. CEJ GEOTECH may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of CEJ GEOTECH, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does CEJ GEOTECH store my personal information, and how long for?
What does CEJ GEOTECH do to protect my personal information?
CEJ GEOTECH always aims to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the website has been specifically designed with security in mind. In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any details we use the following security methods:
• Reliable technology to encode and protect your data for a safe and secure transaction.
• To the extent possible, when you submit information this will be held in an encrypted format. This means that your information is protected and safe to submit.
• Your surveyspares.com account information and surveyspares.com personal profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your surveyspares.com account information and surveyspares.com profile by using your surveyspares.com username and password.
How does CEJ GEOTECH use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you opted-out during your account registration and purchase, CEJ GEOTECH may send you emails, call or text you regarding CEJ GEOTECH products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you. It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your Online Personal Profile, your previous searches and browsing history on surveyspares.com, and your purchase activity. If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
• Edit your preferences in the ‘My Profile Update Details’ area of My Account, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
• Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
• Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also see adverts for CEJ GEOTECH on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited surveyspares.com). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any time by clicking on the ‘My Profile -Update Details’ section in My Account, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar. If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing surveyspares.com, please contact CEJ GEOTECH Customer Services on 01772 587068. If you have a query regarding your personal information which you cannot resolve via your Online Personal Profile, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and CEJ GEOTECH will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please email email@example.com.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing. This Privacy Statement was last updated in October 2021.